Saturday 5 July 2014

Afternoon Tea at the Grims Dyke Hotel

Having travelled back and forth between Essex and Harrow for my entire life, to visit my grandparents, I fell upon this hotel with my Mum & Nan for the first time last month and I seriously feel as though we have been missing a real treat.  This place is gorgeous.


It is so tucked away you could easily drive past it without really knowing that it was there.  It has a large entrance but the driveway goes on for quite some time and it twists and turns through giant trees, so you literally feel as though you are driving to the middle of no where.  But anyway enough of the driveway, let's talk about the hotel and more importantly the afternoon tea because we all know I love a bit of tea and cake (who doesn't?)

The hotel was very grand, I love this kind of style building.  It was originally built in the early 1870's the style of it just screams elegance.



The gardens were delightful too.


We took a table outside overlooking one of the gardens, the weather was glorious, perfect for afternoon tea on the terrace.  It was so peaceful and if I'm honest with you it is a lifestyle I could seriously get used to.  


We went for the traditional afternoon tea complete with sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam and cakes.  It was delicious.


After eating we decided to take a walk through the gardens.  They really were pretty and there was something different to focus on at every step.




It was a perfect afternoon spent is wonderful company.  I'm sure we will definitely be visiting again some time soon.


Love Gem x x x x

1 comment:

  1. This is about 10 minutes from me! It's lovely isn't it. Would of loved to have seen you x

    ReplyDelete