Tuesday 3 June 2014

Creative Progress

Back in March I posted about some recent makes and some things I was working on.  you can read the post here.

Well I am pleased to say that progress has been made.

The  cross stitch keyring that had sat unfinished, now adorns my keys.  For what reason it sat there waiting to be finished for so long I really have no idea, it didn't take me long to complete the finishing touches at all.


I added the felt to the back to hide all the stitches, it finishes it off really well.


The scarf I was knitting for James.  Now cast off the needles and is happily awaiting the winter months in the drawer.



And the cross stitch picture, not quite finished but I have got a lot more done.  I'm not just working on the border.  The magazines suggests this as a cushion but looking at some of the other ideas they have printed I think I'm going to opt to fix it to the front of a bag, so I can use it to take my current WIP's to craft club with me.


I have been very good in sticking to my word.  The only other crafts I have been busy working on are making our wedding invites, and cutting up fabric for bunting again for the wedding.  One other bunting project that was started and finished was a gift for a friend who recently had a baby boy, they asked me if I could make some bunting for the nursery for them so of course I agreed, lovely pastel blues and creams.





I did start one other little cross stitch project but I have literally done no more than 20 stitches and have put it back into the packet and I intend for it to stay there until my current cross stitch piece has been completed.

Are you working on anything exciting at the moment?

Love Gem x x x x

1 comment:

  1. You are good. I have a list of things to do. They include finishing a dress that is so close to done, curtains for a den for friends daughter, christening blanket made from fabric people brought to the church for our Godson (same friends second child), leaving gifts for the youngest boys friends when we leave in Summer, leaving gift to sons specification for his best friend when he finishes school here in summer, cross stitch for nephew. . . . the list goes on but my thumb has been out of action. Dressing off today and I can get on with some of my jobs. :)

    ReplyDelete