Monday 19 August 2013

Cancer Research's Race For Life

Yep I've done it, I've signed up to take part in this year's Race for Life in Chelmsford, only I thought I'd go for something a little different and a little fun so will be going prepared with fairy lights and glow sticks after signing up to the Twilight Race for Life, all in aid of raising as much money as I possibly can for the brilliant charity that is Cancer Research.


I have signed up as a group with my best friend Marie & my brother's girlfriend Rebecca, we have named ourselves the Crafty Cake Cadets.  We are all a little bit creative, a little mischievous at times, oh and the cake bit, well we love a bit lot of cake.


Anyone that knows me will know that I don't exercise, I may go for the odd walk across the fields every now and then but it is not very far and not very often, I just don't do exercise.  We have all promised ourselves we are running this course, all of it!

 
We are taking this seriously.  We have set up an Instagram account (you can follow us @craftycakecadets) to keep up with our progress, and updates will be coming through a lot more regularly now that the event is getting ever closer.  Myself and Marie have been out for a few runs already, each time increasing the distance that we are running.  OK, so we are not quite at the 3 miles yet (I don't even think we are at 1) but we are getting closer and come the 24th October (race night) we will be ready and we WILL run the whole course.


You can visit us at our Just Giving page here, take note we even set up a photo shoot to get the photos for our page, you see, taking this very seriously.  Any donations you can give, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated.  It is going to a great cause and the more money we can raise the more worthwhile all this running will be.


Thanks for reading and for any support you can spare.

Love Gem x x x x

4 comments:

  1. Such a good cause - payday on Friday for me so I'll donate some money then!

    Good luck

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh! Keep training...it will be so fun and for a great cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos and HOW big is that cupcake!!

    Hope it goes well for you, keep up the training :-)

    I'll nip over and give you a little donation to inspire you to run further in your training tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see some Couch to 5K training sessions coming up. You might have to swap that huge cupcake for a mini sized one ;)

    My daughter ran her first one earlier this year with her workmates. Such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete