Sunday 25 August 2013

A Trip To Edinburgh

For my birthday last month James booked up for the two of us to go to Edinburgh for a couple of nights.  Neither of us had been before, so it was nice to explore, I always enjoy discovering new places.


There was so much to see and do, and I'm pretty sure there is plenty more to discover besides from what we did.  I had done a bit of research before we got there and decided on a few must do's for the trip so armed with this we set off on the first evening and headed for The Royal Mile.  The first stop was the Camera Obscura & World of Illusions museum.  The view from the top was pretty spectacular and it was great to look through the camera obscura too.  We had great fun checking out the rest of the museum and testing out the various different illusions, I felt like a kid again :) it was brilliant.



The following day we headed over to the castle and spent the morning wandering around the grounds. 


Afterwards we checked out some tartan weaving (one of my favourite parts of the trip)  it is amazing seeing how it is all put together, the machinery they use is incredible.



The afternoon was spent wandering around the Botanical gardens.  As I'm sure you are quite aware already, I love flowers and gardens so this was a great way to finish off the day for me.



We would have liked to have walked up to Arthur's Seat while we were there but we ran out of time.  Still it's an excuse to go back if ever we needed an excuse.  we have also said about visiting the Highlands so we could always incorporate the two in our next visit.


If you've not visited Edinburgh before I would highly recommend it.  There is a lot of walking and it is not the flattest place I have ever come across but there is some beautiful scenery to be seen and some great places to be discovered, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.


~ Gem x    

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are so lucky getting taken to Edinburgh, it's my favourite place. Don't worry too much about Arthurs Seat, i went when i was on a day trip and my dog Daisy and i went up. I think its one of the things you do to say you've done.
    I think you squeezed loads already into your trip. I love all of your pictures. I've never been to the gardens as a lot of the time we do George Street, Princes Street and the Royal Mile.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I enjoyed E-burgh when we visited there last summer. It was a city that both my hubby and I agreed we needed to visit again soon. The castle was breath-taking and all of the museums (Kevin liked the Scotch Experience the best!)awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely made the most of your trip! Fingers crossed we will be going next year. We've got out Isle Of Wight trip coming up soon which i'm looking forward to. It's nice just to get away for a few days. Then after that I am on the countdown to all things fun and festive..eek!

    Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete