Sunday 11 November 2012

A Halloween Celebration

I know Halloween was ages ago now, but I thought I'd show you what we got up to.  I know it isn't for everyone, and I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love it.

I love decorating the house.


I love hearing the children laughing in the streets.


I love seeing the costumes.


I love even more so hearing them saying things like "Wow" & "Look at that Pumpkin" or "Look at that" - whilst pointing at something else we have displayed in the front garden.


It gives me a real sense of achievement seeing what we have done being appreciated by those we have done it for.


Lots of parents comment on how great it all looks and thank us for making the effort.

This year people were even getting their children to stand amongst the decorations to have their photos taken, it was crazy.


I love how big Halloween is becoming over here, it is really becoming Americanised.


It's a bit of fun and I think it's great.


We counted how many trick or treaters we got this year.

We had 135.  Some of them came round in groups the odd few were on their own but still we were up and down to the front door all night. 


But I don't mind. It's one night in the whole year.  Just one night. 

And seeing how much the effort we put in is appreciated makes it all so worth it. 

Love Gem x x x x

4 comments:

  1. oh my god that is incredible effort gem! wonderful!!!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Your display looks amazing! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fab...you were super busy!!

    ReplyDelete