Thursday 13 September 2012

Prima Homemade Creative Show

I spent this Saturday with a good friend of mine at the Prima Homemade Creative Craft Fair at Bluewater in Kent.  We had a lovely morning and it was great being able to spend time together outside of work.  I've only known her for a few months but seriously, we may as well be sisters.  We are so similar it's unreal and we get on really well.  I had been looking for a friend with similar likes and dislikes to me that was of the same age for a long time and there she was all along.  it's funny how things turn out hey.

Anyway I digress.  The fair was actually really good.  I hadn't been too sure what to expect but it was just the right size.  Not too big but big enough if you get what I mean.  I often find with those sorts of fairs the stalls begin to repeat themselves after a while, so this was perfect.


The highlight of the morning for me though had to of been the knitted garden  It was amazing and must have taken hours to put together. 


The attention to detail was incredible.  I'd love to be a part of something like this, so will have to keep my eyes peeled in the future I think.


The other things I really liked about the show was the display of dresses worn in films that were there.

worn by Catherine Zeta Jones (I think)

Stupidly I didn't make a note of which dress was which, who wore it or what film it was from, so I apologise about that.  I can remember some bits but not much.

Worn by Drew Barrymore

They had also originally said that there would be dresses there from Downton Abbey which there wasn't, so that was a little disappointing.


Worn by Uma Thurman, that woman must either be tiny or she was sewn into this dress, it was so small. 


It was still lovely to see the dresses up close as opposed to on screen.  You could imagine how much time and effort had gone into each one, something I often don;t think about when watching films.

So I guess the only question that must be resting on your lips is what did I buy.  Well I have been trying to be good recently, so I didn't buy much, however I do still have a few little bits to show you.



A new purse and handbag.




Some Lots of ribbon.


 A few buttons, some I will be using for some homemade Christmas presents.



And lastly some washi tape.   Now I could have bought a lot more, but I restrained myself, much to my own amazement.  Then again I have got the Knit & Stitch show in October with some fellow bloggers next month so I can't promise I will be as restrained then, we shall have to wit and see.

Love Gem x x x

3 comments:

  1. That last dress is Drew Barrymore's dress from Ever After when she played Danielle Debarberac! My sister was there the day you were- she texted me to tell me she'd seen my favourite dress from Ever After!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the show looked great fun! Very envious of your gorgeous new ribbons, the fisherman ones are fab, my dad is a fishaholic,

    Yay to new friends, looking forward to meeting you in real life at Olympia, one month to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing show - the knitted garden looked brilliant, I loved all the attention to detail! And those ribbons! In a way I'm glad I didn't go along - I don't think I'd have been restrained as you in buying things!! :)

    ReplyDelete