Saturday 29 January 2011

Wet Felting

I had said yesterday I wasn't too sure what to expect from today, I was a little apprehensive this morning and was worried it wouldn't be for me.  I shouldn't of worried, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, well almost, sewing on all the little beads at the end got me down a little bit, I didn't think I would ever finish it, but I did, and I could easily do it again, and again and again, beads and all : )

It was held at Hylands House, the same place I went to for my Flower Arranging and the Torchlit Tour.  The lady running the course was Lynne Sharpe, she is so lovely, I would highly recommend the course.  I know for most of you, you are not local so if you fancied having a look at some of the things that Lynne has made, or would like to buy some of her makes then you may like to have a look at her Folksy Shop, Love From Lynne

In the meantime, let me show you how I got on.


Originally I did have a slightly bigger piece of felt that I had made from my pieces of wool.  As you can see I have already cut quite a few bits out of this piece.


The bits were cut out then stitched together to hold in place and to form the shape of the flower petals.


I then cut a circle out of the felt, stitched around the outside and stuffed with wadding to form the centre of the flower.  The started to sew on pretty little beads.


And this is what it looks like when it is finished.  I love it, and will definitely be making more.  so that is now another craft tucked nicely under my belt and the first new craft for 2011.

To top off a great day, when I got home there was a lovely little parcel waiting, just for me : ).  I will let you know what was in it tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a lovely Saturday.

Love Gem xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ohh I love it! I saw something similar on last years Kirstie's Homemade and wanted to give it a go.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to try it, you will love it. It is so simple and you can easily do it at home xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. What really sets it off are the beads in the middle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete