Monday 18 January 2021

Goals For 2021

I gave up setting myself new year resolutions a long time ago.  I'd always set them at the start of the year, full of determination to fulfil them by the end of December, only for them to be forgotten about by around March time.  I moved on to having a word for the year instead, feeling this was far more positive and beneficial, but again it fell by the wayside sooner than I'd hoped for.  I like the idea of them though, so after giving it some thought and looking at how well I seem to do with my 30 before 30 and 40 before 40 lists, I have decided this year to set myself a list of goals I'd like to achieve. To some this may seem the same as resolutions, maybe it's all in the mindset, who knows but I'm going to give it a try.


1. Watch the Star Wars films ~ Mainly because the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney World looks incredible and I want to be able to appreciate and understand it fully when I eventually get there. 

2. Cross off at least one thing from my 40 Before 40 list and London List ~ Last year meant that not very much was crossed off either list, hopefully that will change this year.

3. Learn how to play chess ~ I have always been intrigued by this game and have been wanting to learn how to play for a couple of years now. 

4. Get a new tattoo ~ My last one was in 2016, I'd wanted to get one for my 30th so it's way overdue.

5. Live in the moment ~ If it's one thing that I learnt from 2020 it's that nothing is guaranteed.  We can make plans but in an instant they can be squashed, so be more spontaneous and live each day as it comes. 


Nothing too major or daunting but definitely achievable. 

I love hearing about other peoples new year resolutions or goals so feel free to share them with me if you have set any for this year.


~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment