Monday 9 September 2019

Returning to East Sussex

I've now lost count how many times myself and James visited East Sussex and in particular Freshwinds Camp Site near Hastings, however I'd not been back since our break up, well until April this year.  I was looking forward to returning and seeing Tim, Anne & Holly again.  It had been quite some time since I'd seen them last.  And I was missing East Sussex, it's a really pretty part of the country.

On the way to Pett I stopped at Rye to wander the streets of the little fishing village.  For such a small village there is so much beauty to been seen, I'd say you'd only need a couple of hours to see it all if that.




After settling in to the Shepherds Hut, home for the next few nights, it was off to Hastings for a walk along the beach to see the sunset.  I'd forgotten just how much I had missed this place.


The next morning I drove back into Hastings for a wander in daylight before driving on to Battle, a favourite place of mine in East Sussex, it feels like you are stepping back in time and is so pretty.




The best thing of all though was time on the farm.  The views are just breath-taking, it is so peaceful and calming and those little lambs are just adorable.




And as the sun set on the last night it was the perfect time to light the fire and rip open the chocolate biscuits and marshmallows to make some smores, I mean is it really a camping trip without smores?




It felt so great to be back.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. I love that shepherd's hut! Was it warm and cosy? I am glad you are returning by yourself. No sense stopping doing the things you love just because that guy is gone! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was very warm once the wood burner was lit. It's taken me a while to get over him but this year I feel like I am finally ridding myself of everything he put me through, I still have my down days (more than I would care to have) but I've been working through a lot this year and it has felt really good to do so xxx

      Delete