Wednesday 24 January 2018

Plans for 2018

I had every intention of posting this at the very beginning of January, however there has been a bit of radio silence over here.  I've not been feeling all that well and so my energies have pretty much been focussed on me, so sorry guys.


On the run up to January I was thinking a lot about what I want form 2018.  Life for me over the past couple of years, as any of you who have read my blog for some time will know, has not necessarily gone as I had initially had it planned out.  But with all of that said, 2017 ended up being a really good year for me and I achieved a lot from it. 

For the past couple of years I have always completed a monthly to do list.  I have loved doing them and have found they have encouraged me to do the things I've been wanting to do for some time.  However, it was beginning to get to the stage where I was struggling to find things to add to each month.  It defeated the object of why I was creating the lists in the first place and so this year I have decided not to do them.  I have debated with myself about creating one for each of the seasons, which may well still happen, we will just have to wait and see.  

The two things that I would like the most from 2018 are memories and happiness.  Isn't that what anyone ever really wants?  If something doesn't make me happy then I know I need to change it until it does or get rid of it from my life.  I know that won't necessarily be easy (and sometimes perhaps not even possible) but life is far to short for us to be unhappy and why should we be?  I understand that there are a lot of things that are out of our control, but it is how we manage those things that are important.   I was very fortunate to create some incredible memories in 2017 and some of them I will hold very dear for a very long time, it really was a very good year for me.  Let's see if I can top them though in 2018, I'm certainly going to give it a very good try.

I do already have a couple of plans made for later in the year that I am so excited about and you will be hearing more about those in time.  I just want to make sure that I keep creating those memories and living life to the fullest at every given opportunity.

~ Gem x

3 comments:

  1. I think that your aims are good and valid! I don't want to make too many big plans- I agree with that one! Good luck!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there's nothing worse than putting added pressure on yourself hey xx

      Delete
  2. Just been looking through your fb pictures and you are an inspiration! Let's get together more this year. Xx

    ReplyDelete