Wednesday 27 December 2017

Christmas Celebrations

Christmas day was a quiet one spent with family this year.  We exchanged a few small gifts, ate loads and played games.  Basically what Christmas should be about in my eyes.


The build up was somewhat different though.  I made sure I crammed in as many festive activities as possible.



A day was spent in London, wandering the streets and checking out all of the decorations and lights.  It is still by far one of my favourite cities to visit and especially at Christmas time.



I don't know about you but I find garden centres to be one of the best places to visit round Christmas time.  This year I tried two new ones and neither disappointed.  The first was the German themed market at Meadow Croft Garden Centre.



The second was Summerhill Garden Centre.  How I have never been here before I will never know, but I am glad I have finally made the visit.




A lot of Christmas films were watched.  Including a new release at the cinema, Bad Mom's and a couple of favourites at the drive-in.


I was even able to explore a new city, with a festive trip to Norwich.  Only a short train journey for me and yet somewhere I have never been before.  So many beautiful buildings and a good few hours spent taking in what was on offer.  It's definitely somewhere I would return to.





A very busy build up to Christmas but for me that is the best bit.  After all, Christmas is not just one day and I always endeavour to fill the season with as much as I can and this year I'm happy with what I have managed to squeeze in.

How was Christmas for you this year?

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. My daughter lives in Norwich so it is a city that I am very familiar with. Indeed a lovely place to visit at any time of the year. Your Christmas sounds wonderful. Best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering it is so close to Essex, it's no wonder I had never visited before.
      Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family xx

      Delete
  2. You're so right garden centres always seem the most festive!

    Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and all the best for the new year!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete