Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Reading Tag

I spotted this on Victoria's blog here the other week and being a lover of books thought I would join in.


Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
More often than not, I tend to read in bed.  This does mean that I don't tend to read very much as it isn't usually long before my eyes begin to get heavy and I have to close the book and get some sleep.  When I worked in London I used to read a lot on the train, I miss those days.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I'm a bookmark girl.  The prettier the better.


Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I have to get to the end of the chapter or a page break.  I don't mind admitting I have OCD and could never just finish midway through a page.  This goes for being interuppted too.  If James starts talking to me I have to get to the end of the page or paragraph before he can have my attention.


One book at a time or several at once?
One at a time, I get too confused otherwise.  Plus it takes me ages to read a book now, so if I were reading more than one it would take forever.


Reading at home or everywhere?
I'd read anywhere, I don't really mind.  I tend to read mostly at home though, but if ever I go away somewhere a book will come with me.  Likewise, waiting rooms are often a good place to get a few pages read too.


Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Definitely silently.  There was one lady who used to get on the same train as me when I worked in London and she would trace the words on her page with her finger and mouth the words, it used to drive me crazy.

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No, but I will give up on a book if I'm strggling to get on with it. 


Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Keeping it new, I'm sad like that, although I get a lot of my books from charity shops (I'm an authors worst nightmare) so they often tend to be broken already.

Do you ever write in books?
Not really.  I have been known to make notes in reference books in the past but it's not something I tend to do very often.


What are you currently reading?
Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara.  I'm a real chick lit type of girl.  I like soft and fluffy, feel good books.


Please join in with the tag, and let me know if you do.  I'd love to hear your answers.


Love Gem x

1 comment:

  1. Glad you did this tag. I can't believe you used to get on the train with someone that read aloud!!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete