Monday 1 September 2014

Cath Kidston 180 Picadilly

The next thing on our agenda yesterday following our visit to Lucy Sparrow's Cornershop was Cath Kidston's flagship store in Picadilly.


I've been meaning to visit since the shop opened, so was pleased to finally get there.


There were some lovely displays.  I could easily have bought the entire shop but was very good and managed to restrain myself, and spent the time admiring everything instead.  I have a wedding to pay for after all.


The highlight of the visit for both of us though was their illusion room.  I loved it.  I've been in one before in Edinburgh last year but it still had a good giggle with this.


We timed the visit well, the illusion room has gone on tour as of today.  I've no idea where it is headed next but if you get the chance it is worth having a go :)  It's just like being a child again.


Our day wasn't quite over here, there was still another part of London we wanted to visit before we headed home, so I'll be back soon to fill you in on what we got up to next.

~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. How does it work!?!??! I'm mystified!!!
    That's two things you've told me about that I want to see but can't because they were the last day!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha sorry Kezzie, the illusion room is going on tour so I am guessing it will be popping up in their shops over the country so there is a chance it will be coming back to London somewhere at some point, if I hear of anything localish I will let you know. It's all to do with how the floor and ceiling are positioned, they are both sloping, very clever x x x

      Delete
  2. Oooh, that illusion room is soooo weird - I've just spent about five minutes staring at your pics and I still can't figure it out at all! Sounds like you had a fun time - I've never been to the flagship store, but I do love Cath Kidston displays - they make me want to buy everything, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shades of Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little bit like that, yes :) x x x

      Delete