Monday 11 March 2013

Molly

I had hoped to have blogged before now but in all honesty I've just not felt up to it.  Last week I experienced a very sad day.  We had to take my cat to the vets and say goodbye to her after a very happy 19 years together.


It is by far the most hardest thing I have ever had to do. 


Walking in with her, holding her for the last time, as she took her last breath and then feeling her slip away, it really was heartbreaking.


She was still living with my Mum and Dad so I suppose it is harder for them, at least I am able to step into a home where she has never been around.


Going back to Mum and Dad's now feels strange.  You can tell there is something missing.  I keep feeling as though I can see her out the corner of my eye, only to turn and realise it is a bag, or the hoover, nothing remotely cat like at all.


At times I forget and then remembering brings it all back again.


It's going to take a long time to come to terms with it but knowing that she is no longer suffering makes me feel much better.


She was getting old and her body was starting to fail her more and more, it wasn't fair to see her that way any longer and the vet agreed that it was the right thing to do.

She will be dearly missed.  I just hope she is having fun catching lots of mice in heaven.  Rest In Peace my little angel.


Love Gem x x x x

6 comments:

  1. Sending hugs....I've been where you are and it wa so hard. I hope your sadness is replaced by memories of joy you shared over the many years you had together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Gem, a massive hug for you all. I remember the pain of losing my cats in the past (can't have them now as fur causes my asthma to flair up). It was very painful and some people can't understand it if they have never had/or lost a pet.
    It's def like losing a member of your family.
    Be kind to yourself, its important to grieve. And take time to heal from this. And it will take time.
    Gem x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{Gemma}}} So sad! I know how you are feeling as I had to go through the same experience a few years ago with our furbaby Pippa. Although I have children, she was my first baby as she had been part of our family since we got married. I still miss her, but it does get easier. Thinking of you, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  4. : ( I hope things get better in time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a big hug Gem, it's always sad to lose a pet, give yourself time to grieve and in time those happy memories won't feel as painful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gem - I'm so sorry, I've only just read your blog about Molly. It's so sad that she's gone, but it good you were able to be with her at the end. All my love and hugs to you. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete