Sunday 12 August 2012

London 2012

With today being the last day of the Olympics it felt pretty fitting to blog about my evening in London earlier this week.


Over the past year I have been looking forward for the Olympics to be all over.  I was dreading the Olympics.  How wrong I have been.  I have been loving it.  Watching the games on TV, but most of all wishing I could be there to soak up some of the atmosphere.  I had been searching for tickets over and over without any success.  I had also wanted to go to the Paralympics so began to focus my time of getting tickets for that.  Luckily for me I was able to get Paralympic tickets straight away and will be going to watch the athletics at the beginning of September.  While the Olympics was still going on myself and my Mum decided to go up to Stratford to pick up the tickets also in the hope of experiencing some of the Olympic atmosphere.


After we had picked up the tickets we headed for Westfields to check out some of their viewing platforms.

This whole stadium is made from Lego.  This was in John Lewis.


I loved the mascots scattered around the city too.

Taken from the viewing platform in Westfields.

The athletes village is looking rather colourful.

From Westfields we went onto Tower Bridge to see the Olympic rings that had been hung from the bridge.


We walked from London Bridge station to the river, I loved all the flags that had been strung up.


One of the many great landmarks in London - the gherkin.


Another mascot on the riverbank.


The bridge is looking brilliant.  Part of me feels that they should leave the rings there as a reminder, although I doubt anyone would need reminding, at least for a few years.


And the last mascot we spotted was this one.  This is my favourite photo I captured on the evening.  I love the fact I managed to catch the two policemen in the background along with the bridge and the Olympic rings.

I'm really looking forward to the closing ceremony this evening, let's just hope it is as good if not better than the opening one.

Love Gem x x x x

2 comments:

  1. I live in Iowa. I love reading your blog. In fact, I started at the beginning and am reading all the archives! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gem,

    It was great wasn't it? I dreaded it all too but thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete