Monday 14 December 2015

All Saints Christmas Tree Festival, Writtle

Being an avid Christmas tree fan there was no way I was going to be missing the annual Christmas Tree Festival in our village church (unlike last year, I was gutted to have missed it).
Last Saturday I headed off with my partner in crime to take a look at the 57 trees that had been decorated by local groups, schools societies & businesses.

Walking up to the church it was lovely to see fairy lights strung up, it looked so magical and festive and automatically added to that festive feeling.


Stepping inside the church I was blown away by the sight of all of the trees, the photos honestly don't do it justice.  The atmosphere was just incredible.  We were each given a form detailing each of the trees and were asked to vote for our favourite, a job we took very seriously.



Looking around it was clear to see that some serious love and effort had gone into creating and decorating these trees and to begin with it seemed as though it was going to be impossible to select a clear winner.






That was until we spotted this beauty.  It was just stunning.



It got both of our votes and could we have voted more than once then we would have done so, it really was beautiful.  Sadly for us it didn't win but the winning tree was still a superb effort, 


I've already announced that if I'm still living in Writtle next year we shall be entering a tree without doubt.  And if I'm not, well then I'll be looking for another tree festival that I can enter wherever it is that I end up.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. That white angel tree is amazing!! xx

    http://lifebylaurax.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this one was a genius idea, so clever and so effective x x

      Delete
  2. Oh LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! I'd have loved to have come to this- I've always wanted to go to one! So cool!! I'd love to make a pom pom one!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on every year so definitely check it out next year x x

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a selection of trees!! Some inspiration for next year's tree..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without doubt, they were all so good x x

      Delete
  4. Well, I think all the trees are really cool! But I think I like book tree the most! I's very originally made, I think. Though every tree is so special and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could see that so much thought had gone into each and every one of them, it was such a lovely thing to see x x

      Delete