Tuesday 12 July 2011

Virtual Coffe - A Week In Shipley

It feels like ages since we met for coffee last, then again I have been rather busy lately and what with having to work away last week.  Anyway, if we were really meeting for coffee today I would share with you the photos I managed to take while away last week.

One of our offices is located in Shipley, Yorkshire and recently a new job role has been created, I was asked if I would mind working there for a week to help with their training.  A week of different surroundings sounded pretty good to me so I jumped at the chance.

I would tell you that some areas of Shipley are not very nice, however some areas are absolutely beautiful.

Monday evening we went for a walk along the canal to Saltaire.



I was lucky enough to be able to walk along this path every day to work.  My journey in took me 10minutes, yes you heard that right a 10 minute walk, it certainly beats the almost 2 hour journey I usually have to work : )




The band stand in the park.


Lovely cobbled streets, although they are not great on the feet.

I would tell you that I had a great week and really enjoyed myself.  There was a group of us that went and we had a real good laugh. I haven't laughed so much in ages, this week was really what I needed.  We ate good food every night with great company.  We were all concerned about what we would be doing of an evening as we weren't expecting there to be much to do, how wrong we were.  One evening had us at the local bowling alley, I haven't been bowling in years.


Such bright colours



Part of me was quite sad to have to come home, however I did miss one or 2 people.  Work wasn't quite the same without Manjiv, my little buddy and partner in crime!  And I know that my line manger was missing me and Ruby, sorry Leah : )  We will both be back soon, I promise.

So that was my week in Shipley.

Thanks for stopping by for coffee I am now off to Amy's for another.

Love Gem xxx
  

3 comments:

  1. Ohh. It sounds like work was fun!
    I on the other hand would be telling you that something is bothering my little boy but he can't tell me what when I ask he just says I can't remember but that he has reverted to wetting himself which is a sure sign something has upset him going by what the experts and other people I know with kids have said. He is only 2 and i'm gutted I can't help him sort it out. I'm hoping lots of cuddles and fun time will help. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun. I like a change of scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely..it is SO refreshing to have a change of scenery for a few days : ).

    You're lucky that you have good friends at work!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete