Monday 18 July 2011

Birthday Celebrations

Last Saturday (10th) was my 24th birthday.  It was a quiet one this year as my Mum had an operation on her foot on Friday (8th).  For some time now I had been meaning to visit Barleylands Farm, they have a craft village there with a number of shops and different crafts to watch.  I can say i have now been there but doubt I will be going back, I was a little disappointed and had been hoping for a bit more. 



My Dad enjoyed talking to a local wood turner, he is a chippy by profession although works now fitting double glazed windows and doors and has been doing so ever since I was born.

It looked very attractive, there just wasn't much there, a lot of the shops were pretty much the same.

We got to watch some glass blowing which was very interesting, I was so mesmerized I didn't get any photos, sorry ladies. 

We spent about an hour then and then decided it was time to go home.

There wasn't really very much that I wanted this year apart from a few books and DVDs so other then that I got mostly money.

My brother's girlfriend bought me this beautiful necklace as well as lot's of other pretty little goodies.  I was spoilt : )

Getting money only meant one thing, SHOPPING!!!!!

This is one of my fave buys, taking calls all day, I always find as soon as I make a cup of tea the phone rings, it wouldn't be unusual to be on the phone for half hour, by the time I finish my tea is cold, so hopefully this will help keep it hot for longer :) 


New luggage tag, the colours match my suitcase as well - bonus

As I said in my award post I am wanting to learn how to cook so I am hoping this will help.

I have already started to transfer all the recipes I have collected from magazines into the book, hopefully this is something that can be passed down to my children and their children, I'm sure you get the picture.

Today was my first day back at work for a couple of weeks and I was surprised with a gorgeous toffee cake, £25 Monsoon / Accessorize vouchers and a bunch of flowers, how lucky am I????

I was truly spoilt by all those who love me and all those who I love in return.  I would also like to thank all of you who sent me birthday wishes too, it was very much appreciated.

So that's it for another year. 

Love Gem xxx



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    I've been meaning to visit Barleylands but I won't rush from what you said!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I agree with you completely,Barleylands has no personality! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What a shame it was so disappointing. Isn't always the same, you build it up to be something wonderful then get let down! Your gifts were lovely and you were really spoilt at work! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy returns for yesterday Gem.

    Barleylands is just up the road from me and yes it is very disappointing. It's a shame as it could be a really nice place. I mean it does look nice but let's just say the content is bland.

    Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday! Looks like we're both Cancerians :) you got some lovely pressies, but sorry to hear your day out was a little disappointing! Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a (belated) "Happy Birthday". Hope your Mum's foot is getting better.
    Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete