Friday 28 August 2015

August Round-Up

Do you ever get that feeling that a particular month has just flown by, yet on the other hand you think about something that happened right at the beginning of the month and it feels as though it were a lifetime ago.  That's exactly how I'm feeling about August.

It's been a bit of a funny month to be honest.  I've not really done all that much and I haven't been anywhere special.  The weather hasn't really helped, we've been having our fair share of showers here in Essex, so there has been a lot of time spent indoors.


I had hoped to fit in some more baking but I've just not got round to it.  The month isn't quite at it's end yet though so I may try and squeeze in a quick bake over the weekend (I'm sure this need from baking is being encouraged by The Great British Bake Off, are you watching it?) It's a long bank holiday weekend after all.


I've no plans for September as yet but I'm excited for the new month ahead all the same.  I always look to September as being kind of like a new year.  I guess with the start of a new academic year, and it's near enough the start of a new season, I'm a big Autumn fan too which always helps.


Farewell August.  See you next year.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Here's to wonderful ( and drier!!) September, Gem!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so. It's very drizzly here this morning though, but we still have practically the whole month ahead of us so fingers crossed x x x

      Delete