Wednesday 3 June 2015

A Weekend In Sunny Spain


At the beginning of May my suitcase was packed and I was flying out to Barcelona with James.  He was going to be working out there, so rather than me spending the weekend at home I decided to fly out with him.  We were staying in a resort about an hour from Barcelona called Blanes.  The first evening we had to ourselves, his colleagues were all catching a later flight out.  We found a gorgeous little tapas restaurant, it was our first time eating proper tapas and it didn't disappoint, the food was delicious.


I didn't really have any plans for the weekend so spent my first day wandering around the resort, checking out the harbour and local shops.  I'll be honest it didn't take long for me to get bored.  It's only a small resort and being the beginning of May the holiday season had not yet started so there wasn't all that much going on, plus it was a bank holiday so a lot of places were closed and the weather wasn't up to much either.  It was nice not having anywhere to be though and I spent a lot of time relaxing and reading,


Saturday was a much better day.  I'd planned my day out, jumped on a local bus and before long arrived at Blanes Botanical Gardens.


I'd heard about it through trip advisor and I'm so glad I made the effort to check them out because it was by far the highlight of the break for me.



I was gutted James wasn't able to enjoy it with me, and it did feel quite odd walking round on my own but it was nice having that time out to myself and it didn't take me too long to get used to it.


The garden was stunning.



There was so much to look at, it really was beautiful and the views were incredible.


Such gorgeous, crystal clear waters surrounding the cliff sides.


I sat there for ages taking it all in, making the most of the moment.


The photos honestly do not do it justice.


If only every day could be spent like that.  Now that would be a lifestyle I could get used to, but alas it is not meant to be.  On Monday we were flying back to good ole blighty and it was back to work for me on Tuesday *sigh* one day perhaps hehee.


Don't forget, it's only 24 days till I will be sweating it our on the race track for a 5k Pretty Muddy obstacle course. You can sponsor me here.  Thank you.


~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend away! I am glad you ventured out without hubby. You can only sit and read for so long -and that garden was totally worth it! I hope you get to travel with him again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful even if the weather wasn't completely on your side.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete