Monday 2 March 2015

Wedding Blues

Hello my name is Gemma and I can't get enough of my wedding.  I feel like I should belong to some kind of Brides Anonymous group.  The wedding was four months ago now, but I'm still suffering with the wedding blues (big time).


I loved everything about our wedding, from all the planning and preparation right through to receiving all of our photos.  I had spent a lot of time creating little bits for our day and knew I would struggle after the wedding, but I'd hoped that my fascination with Halloween and Christmas would cure that, but now they are over and done with I am still suffering.  I've even found myself adding little bits to some of the details used on the day, like customising & sign below (I just couldn't help myself).


I often find myself looking through our photos and reminiscing about the day.  I would love so much to go and do it all over again.

I put this together for my Dad for Christmas, I'm so chuffed with it and he loved it too.

I am currently in the process of creating a photo book with all of our photos, I know I should have done this sooner but with one thing and another I had never got round to it.  I can't wait to see it finished, a proper memento that we will be able to cherish forever, something to show the grand-kids in many years to come, and something that I am sure will adorn our coffee table for months on end.


Photos have been printed and framed and are dotted all about the house.  I have also put together a shadow frame and included little pieces from our day, from my hair slide, to some of the flowers from our centrepieces that I had pressed.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it is so lovely being able to look at them every day as opposed to them sitting in a box tucked in a cupboard or under the bed.


See my flowers there in the photo below.  I'm not sure about them.  They haven't dried quite how I had hoped.  I'm thinking now that maybe I should have got them freeze dried, but it is all too late for that now.  I can't bring myself to throw them away though, so they shall stay there on my dressing table just a little while longer.  My little locket is still attached to them too, you can just about make it out in the photo.


I'd seen the idea with the locket on Pinterest, I knew straight away it was something I wanted to do.  I inserted 2 photos of both my Grandad's and I have to say this little secret was so comforting for me on the day, it sounds silly but I felt that somehow they were there with me guiding me through the day.  How much I would have loved for them both to of been there to help us celebrate the day in person, but this was the closest I was ever going to get. 


Something else I have bought since the wedding is this gorgeous cuff bracelet that has been hand stamped especially for me, with some the words from Christina Perry's 'A Thousand Years' song, this was the song I walked down the aisle to.  Every time I hear it, it gives me goosebumps (I've had it playing on repeat on quite a few occasions) I love it so much and it is always guaranteed to take me right back to that moment four months ago.


I'm reminded of the day every time I look at it, I've worn it every day since the day it dropped onto my doormat.  If you are on Instagram I bought it from a lovely lady on there @betsyboodesigns.  I'm so pleased with it, such a pretty little keepsake too.

Surely I can't be the only one out there that is going through this.  Please tell me I'm not, I may go crazy if it is just me.  Maybe we could start up our own little Brides Anonymous.  So who's with me?

~ Gem x 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should become a wedding planner!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have such fond memories of your wedding day. Mine was nearly 13 years ago, but I still remember it well. Overall I enjoyed every part of or day but if could change anything it would have been the photographer. Our photos are pretty, but they are very posed and unnatural. If I did it all over again, I'd choose a more artistic photographer -one that could really capture the "moments" of the day. I've seen several of your photos and can really feel the "spirit" of your big day. I can see why you adore them so much!

    ReplyDelete