Sunday 15 March 2015

Columbia Road Flower Market

I spent my morning today in London with the wonderful Bronwyn from Queen B Creative Me and her sweet daughter Afton.  They are currently over in the UK on holiday from Canada, we'd made arrangements to meet up.  We decided on Columbia Road Flower Market.  It's somewhere I've never been before but always wanted to visit.


I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't it.  It was so, so busy, too busy for me.  Being Mothers Day probably didn't help.  I feel as though we missed loads as we could only really see the stalls down one side, we didn't wander back down the road once we had reached the end purely because it was just so busy, so we ventured back down one of the side streets to find somewhere to grab a bite to eat.

I suppose I kind of had in mind the market in Notting Hill, it would have been similar had it of been quieter.  Still the crowds aside, it was a very pretty market and of course the obligatory flower photos had to be taken.


It was so lovely spending time with Bronwyn, we have been communicating via emails and letters for some time now so to be able to have a proper face to face conversation was really quite special, especially seeing as we live on 2 different continents, oceans apart.  It was all quite surreal really.


We found the sweetest little tea shop on Bricklane, Pretty Cuppa.  If your in the area I'd recommend it.  Stupidly, I didn't take any photos, I was too busy enjoying the company and of course the tea and cake but trust me, it was lovely, miss-matched china tea cups and everything.


It was such a great morning (apart from the crowds).  Thank you Bronwyn and Afton for letting me gatecrash your holiday, it was so lovely finally meeting you both.  I'm sat here now admiring the pretty flowers I brought home with me, reminding me of such a wonderful day.  I also treated myself to a few other goodies on my way home (I was naughty and stopped at Westfield, Stratford).


Notice the tissue paper, doilies and tags in there.  I'll have you know, I shan't be taking any of my gift wrapping duties lightly after last weeks course, oh no.

Love Gem x x x

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame that Columbia Road didn't meet your expectations, I've only been once and do understand what you mean about it being so busy. I think you need to make sure you're there really early but even so it can often be manic.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to visit Columbia road though I don't like overly busy places! Sorry, I will hit follow AGAIN, don't know why I don't see your posts!x

    ReplyDelete