Sunday 2 November 2014

The Autumn Tag

I'm taking a short break from the wedding posts tonight.  As the nights are drawing in, this feels a good a time as ever to share with you my Autumn tag post.  I spotted this post on Gemma's blog Musings of a Gem last year but with one thing and another never got round to doing my own.  I decided to save the link in my emails and thought I would join in this year instead, better late than never hey!  You can read Gemma's version of it here.  So here are my answers:

1. Favourite thing about it?  I love the cosy feeling you get with autumn.  As the nights begin to draw in and the leaves on the trees turn that warm golden brown.  Lit candles become an essential in our household and cosying up with a blanket on the sofa of an evening is always a welcome treat.  It is also exciting to know that Halloween, Fireworks night and Christmas are not too far away too.


2. Favourite drink?    It has got to be a hot chocolate, if possible with marshmallows but it is just as good without.


3. Favourite scent / candle?  This question is a tricky one for me.  I want to say cinnamon or apple spice but if I'm being completely honest they are definitely more a Christmas scent.  I don't think I really have an autumn favourite but I'd be happy to hear your, it is always nice to discover new things.


4. Favourite thing to eat?  A good hearty meal, something like a sausage casserole with lots of veg.  Perfect after all the summer BBQ's.


5. Go to moisturiser?  I'm not brilliant when it comes to beauty products.  I tend to use what ever really.  I don't have a preference but tend to use either Olay or Clinique.


6. Go to make-up / nail polish colours?  Again as above, I'm not really into my beauty products and tend to pick whichever colour takes my fancy at that particular time but if I had to pick one I would say a light brown or dark red / burgundy.


7. Favourite music / band / singer to listen to?  I tend to listen to the same kind of music all year round.  Except for Christmas of course.  My favourite artist is Usher.  I am in love with the man and his music and have followed him religiously for about the last 15 years.  I'm looking forward to seeing him live again in March.


8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & scarf combo)?  I'm very much a jeans and jumper kind of girl.  I love big chunky knits, something to snuggle up into.


9. Autumn treat (i.e. a new bag or scarf you have got your eye on)?  Hmm, nothing springs to mind, probably a new chunky jumper, or a nice looking magazine. I'm sure something will fall into my basket at some point.


10. Favourite place to be?  At this time of year I always enjoy the odd country walk, watching nature do it's thing, seeing how the hedgerows change in colour and texture.  I find it quite magical, the air always smells so fresh too.  Of course it is always great to get home, pop the kettle on and enjoy a nice hot brew as you warm up under a blanket on the sofa.  I'm quite a homebody so spending time all snug and warm indoors is always welcomed. 



Hope you've enjoyed my autumn tag, feel free to join in if you want to but don't forget to let me know so I can check it out :)



Gem x x x

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie. I really enjoyed putting this post together. I love this time of year, then again I like all the different seasons for their own reasons so I may look at doing others of these too :) Watch this space x x x

      Delete
  2. I had forgot about this post! Great answers Gem : )

    x

    ReplyDelete