Monday 30 April 2012

A 50th Birthday Celebration

(No idea why this post is showing on today's date, this was originally posted 12th May 2011)

WOW, what a busy weekend that was.  I still feel as though I am recovering from that one.  This weekend my Dad turned 50.


Of course we had to throw him a surprise party, and boy was he surprised ; )

There was around 140 people all there especially for him, it was great to meet family I have heard loads about and still not met, yes I know I am almost 24 and still not met all of my family, my Dad has a lot of cousins.  There were people there that he hadn't seen for years and I know my Dad was really pleased to see so many familiar faces.  He even said to me at one point during the evening, everywhere I turn there are people that I know, hahaha 'of course you do Dad it is your party you old fool!'

His cake was amazing (although may I add I am not a Spurs fan myself, or even a football fan at all for that matter)


We let off 50 sky lanterns for the occasion as well, it looked really good and just added that special touch to the evening.



It was an evening we will be talking about for many years to come I'm sure.

Monday which was his actual birthday saw us to London for the day for an absolutely fantastic performance that evening.  We had tickets to see Shrek The Musical.  Well let me tell you this, book tickets to see it for yourself, whether you have children or not it is a MUST see production.  I loved it and can't wait to go back to see it again, it was hilarious and by far the best show I have ever seen.

I'm staying with my Nan tonight to keep her company, so I'm off now for a cuppa and natter before bed.

Night all,

Love Gem xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gem!

    Awwww what a lovely surprise! I love the lanterns...we do one on each of our families bdays but loads of them at once looks fab!!


    I would love to go and see Shrek the musical...will do some research into it! : )


    Gemma xXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time at your dad's birthday party! looking at your previous posts, your visit to the seaside looks fab :) and the lambs are so cute, saw loads of these cuties in the Lake District last week :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great night! And to think he knew so many people there! lol! That made me laugh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely looking party, such a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete