Monday 5 June 2017

30 Day's Wild

I can't tell you how much I miss living in the country.  How much I miss not having a garden I can wander out to with my morning cup of tea and chickens at my feet. 


For this very reason it seemed all the more important for me to sign up to this years 30 Day's Wild run by the Wildlife Trust.  Feeling somewhat detatched from wildlife each day I thought this would encourage me to open my eyes to see discover that nature is still at my fingertips.  To embrace it and to make other people aware of exactly what is around us, even in an urban space.  Whether it be on a walk to work or a drive somewhere not too far away, I know it is there, I just need to let it in.

I've created a list of some of the things I'd like to achieve over the next month, a little challenge if you like.  If I manage all of them I'll be made up but even to manage to complete just a few will make me happy.  A few of the things from my list are:

Discover urban wilderness.

Watch a sunset.

Picnic in the wild with the birds.

Make a daisy chain.

Wander through a flower meadow.

Paddle in rock pools.

Wear a flower in my hair.

Go on a nature scavenger hunt.

I'm going to try and log my progress on Instagram using the hashtag #gems30dayswild if you fancied checking it out.  I'd also appreciate any suggestions of things for me to try during the month, I'm always open to suggestions.

It is still open to join too so if you fancied joining in pop over to the Wildlife Trust's website to sign up for your free pack.  If you are going to join in do let me know as I'd love to see what you get up to.

~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment