Wednesday 23 March 2011

Moving On

Well as you may have noticed yesterday I am back.  I have started to build my life back up again after everything that has happened over the past month or so and am excited about what the future may hold, although I know at times it is going to be far from easy I know I will have a lot of help from someone very special in my heart : ).  The funeral was lovely and I know my Grandad would have been really proud with what we arranged (well mainly my Mum and my Nan, they did a great job), I went and saw him before the funeral and was pleased to see how peaceful he looked after so much suffering.  It still feels weird and as though it hasn’t happened but it takes time, I know that.  I read out a poem during the service, it is strange, I hate talking to a crowd but I didn’t even think about this, I suppose it was the last thing on my mind at the time and it is the least I could have done for him.
I would like to say a huge Thank you to everyone for all your support and kind messages over the past few weeks they really meant a lot.  I took a week off work and returned back again last Monday to find this waiting for me on my desk.


I know I have said it before but I really am so lucky to work with such a great team of people, I suppose in the role we have we find it easy to understand what people are going through, but that aside they really are such lovely people to work with. 
I feel like I have so much to tell you, I don’t really know where to start.  The beginning may be a good place to start hey.   Well I have made a couple of visits to the local charity shops and come across some brilliant bargains.



Mum was very pleased with this little purchase as it has found a new home in her bedroom, filled with pretty flowers : )

Last weekend myself and James made a visit to the Guild of Essex Craftsmen Spring Fair located in Hylands House.  I was a bit disappointed with it if I’m honest with you.  I made a few purchases but nothing extravagant.  I bought a pretty brush for baking that had patterns burnt into the wooden handle and a couple of gifts for friends but that was all really.  Never mind, you don’t know these things unless you try.
That’s all from me today folks, check back tomorrow to find out what else I have been getting up to these past couple of weeks.
Love Gem xxx
P.S.  How lovely is this sunshine?  It has been a glorious day in London today, just a shame I wasn’t able to be outside in it instead of being stuck inside an office looking at it out the window.  Never mind, let’s hope we have plenty more of it to come.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gem,

    Lovely egg basket...must of a been a steal! I'm glad to hear you are slowly 'moving on'.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone you love dying is so hard. even when death puts them out of their pain and suffering. It leaves such a gap in your life where they used to be.

    ReplyDelete